Storm Glass Crystal
NOT AVAILABLE IN STORES!
**WE OFFER FREE US & WORLDWIDE SHIPPING!**
The world's most beautiful weather forecaster is back.
Our Storm Glass Crystal is gorgeously designed and crafted and predicts the weather with surprising accuracy. It is the perfect gift for weather or science buffs!
The Storm Glass was first invented in the mid-1700s, and soon made its way onto ships and harbors around Europe to help give warning of approaching bad weather. It gained the most fame through Admiral FitzRoy who used a Storm Glass on the voyage during which he and Darwin traveled to the Galápagos Islands. As such, the instrument is sometimes called a “FitzRoy Storm Glass.”
- The appearance of the liquid as it transforms from clear to cloudy to crystal flakes predicts whether the weather will be clear, cloudy, or filled with thunderstorms.
- The cool new and modern Storm Glass is a natural way to forecast the weather. The sealed glass container holds a mixture of distilled water and camphor that changes in appearance based on forthcoming weather conditions.
- Use it to decorate the living room, bedroom or table.
- The Storm Glass makes a great executive gift.
The changes in the solution signify the following:
- Clear liquid: Bright weather.
- Crystals at the bottom: Thick air, frost in winter.
- Dim liquid with small stars: Thunderstorms.
- Large flakes: Heavy air, overcast sky, snow in winter.
- Threads in the upper portion of the liquid: Windy weather.
- Small dots: Damp weather, fog.
- Rising flakes which remain high: Wind in the upper air regions.
- Small stars: In winter on bright, sunny days, snow in one or two days.
- The higher the crystals rise in the glass tube in winter the colder it will be.
Package: This package contains one Storm Glass without the wooden base.
Size: 2.36" x 4.72" in (6 x 12 cm)
Package weight: 7 oz (200 g)
Shipping generally takes 2-4 weeks depending on location. Some distant areas can take a bit longer, but we'll get it to you!